Insurance Question? Let us Help!
Aetna, Avmed, Oscar and more, are some of the companies we work with. Please call 305-238-7873 for more information. With your Verification of Benefits, you will know what your coverage is.
Prices are extremely reasonable for the care and services provided.
HSPBC is an exclusive venue for pregnancy care and birth. This heartfelt experience will stay with you for years to come. Your baby enters into the world with less stress, comes from water-into water which helps the transition. A wonderful connection for all.
Our insurance policy
Our Policy On Accepting Insurance: Florida law requires that maternity care coverage include the services of certified nurse-midwives and midwives licensed pursuant to Chapter 467 and the services of birth centers licensed under ss. 383.30-383.335.– emphasis supplied [See Florida Statutes, s.626.6406; s.627.6574; and s. 641.31(18)]. In requiring such coverage, Section 467.002, F.S. specifically recognizes the need for a person to have the freedom to choose the manner, cost and setting for giving birth. The law requires that maternity coverage include midwifery services and provides that an insured or enrollee be given the option of choosing the setting for receiving such services. Each policy is different and will need to be contacted to confirm coverage.
A possible “gap” authorization may help if your policy offers this option. Our office manager is happy to help.
The privilege of insurance assignment begins upon receipt of an authorization or pre-certification code from your insurance company, therefore acknowledging your insurance benefits. Until then you would be considered a self paying client. It is the policy of Holistic South Pregnancy & Birth Center to extend to our clients the courtesy of allowing you to assign your insurance benefits to us. This policy reduces your out-of-pocket expense and allows you to receive care from the midwives at the birth center.
Parents will be responsible for co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles during care. Feel free to call the center for details and to check on your particular plan.
If you have any questions, to make an appointment for a meeting, or arrange a time for a phone call, feel free to call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach us at the Center @ 305-238-7873 on Monday-Friday between 8:30 and 4:30 pm EST.
Schedule a Thursday evening appt. if needed. We are open until 7 pm.
Call to set up your first visit the Center or to see a midwife. If using insurance, this is billed directly as part of your care. If self-pay, a discounted rate is applied when you join our practice.
We will need to obtain any previous records. This will cover your initial assessment and midwifery consultation.
Once you decide to birth with HSPBC, you will receive your Welcome Packet and a portal for your personal reference. Any labs, etc. will be on your portal for your review at any time. If using insurance, labwork and ultrasounds go directly through your insurance.
All fees to HSPBC are paid in half by 28 weeks of pregnancy and in full by your 34th week of pregnancy. Payment plans are available. We are happy to discuss with you the payment plans available along with discounts for our self-pay clients.
You are ultimately responsible for full payment of any and all unmet deductibles, co-pays and services not covered by insurance. Our office will guide you in how to qualify your insurance coverage in an effort to help you determine exactly what maternity coverage is available to you under your policy.
Reasons to choose HSPBC even if it is not covered by insurance
When we get married, our insurance does not cover the venue, food, flowers etc., but it is a life changing event in our lives and a major celebration! Birth is the same…
Why should you consider HSPBC even if you have no covered benefits or a high deductible plan?
Birth matters for mother, baby, and partner.
- Birth Center fees include a birth suite of your choice, water birth option – Birthing tubs are available to every client with every midwife. We do in-water monitoring. Most hospital practices have no access to water and aren’t comfortable with in-water monitoring procedures. Time and patience when you are with us.
- GravityBirth™ – The use of gravity helps relax the back and guide the baby down and out.
- Direct, one-on-one support of moms in active labor. At HSPBC, a midwife, a birth assistant and a doula (optional) is present to support mom and dad at most every birth.
- In a hospital care setting, labor and delivery nurses are often assigned a group of rooms and one-on-one direct support is often not possible for mothers attempting natural birth. Interruptions and interventions all increase the risk of major abdominal surgery. We encourage all mothers birthing in a hospital to hire a doula! Call Debra at 305-498-6722 for more information.
- Having a home or birth center birth has a much higher chance of being natural (vaginal). For clients making it to term with us, we plan on an approximate 90% natural birth rate. Of our transfers to a hospital-based provider, less than half may result in C-Section; our overall C-Section surgery rate should be no higher than 6%. Our medical back up OB/GYN is a holistic, patient practitioner.
- Birth Center costs can be much lower than hospital expected costs. In addition to saving our mamas and babies from C-Section, unnecessary interventions, related complications, and long recovery times, our high natural birth rate and lower facility cost dramatically lower the cost of the total bill. The C-Section surgery rate at local hospitals ranges from 40% to 70%. Miami is the highest in the country!
Included services & uncovered services
Once you have contracted with Holistic South, our standard services include:
- Complete personal Prenatal Care
- Visit with our medical director at 35 weeks.
- Labor support and birth at the center with a midwife, birth assistant and doula (when applicable).
- RN, NP and/or birth assistant attendance at birth
- The cozy comfort of a “home away from home” space surrounded by peace, compassion and patience
- Labor doula support included (optional for second+ moms)
- Postpartum follow up visit between 24-72 hours
- PKU for baby if pediatrician does not provide
- Two-week follow up at Birth Center for mother
- Six-week follow up at Birth Center for mother
- The newborn initial physical assessment and birth certificate filing
- Women’s Wellness for a lifetime
Our contract does not include:
some of these services can go through insurance when applicable:
- Lab work
- Ultrasounds (when medically indicated)*
- Medications/incidentals during labor or postpartum that may be necessary
- Postpartum doula service
- Childbirth/parenting education classes (These are available at special pricing)
- Prenatal vitamins
- Any hospital charges if transferred
- Hospital medical transfer care.
*Insurance usually covers all labs/ultrasounds.
Individual service prices
Hypnosis Sessions for Breech Presentation, Stress, Labor and more…$55.00 per hour. Call to schedule a session. External version by our medical OBGYN provider in the hospital with consent.
Labor Doula Care: Birth Center clients, a doula is included with all first-time couples, optional for 2+ (Debra will work with each client individually to provide the best support with love and patience. Health claim forms upon request may be given to try and receive reimbursement for doula care.
Postpartum Doula Care: See Postpartum Doula Care page for Details
Breast Feeding Consulting at Home or Center, Support: HSPBC has a lactation specialist to help with private consultations as well as free support groups at the center monthly.
Placenta Encapsulation: Base Price $285.00 – See Placenta Encapsulation “page” for logistical details.
Placenta Tincture Preparation: $50.00 – in addition to PE.
Mother Blessing Baby Shower Session with Debra: $75.00 includes either choice – one hour session of songs and candle lighting blessings or tea party and mini massages focusing on the Goddess Mama to be. Call (305) 498-6722 to schedule with Debra. Additional fee for logistic over 10 miles from Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my insurance pay for my birth center care?
We do take many insurances, and if your plan can be billed for your prenatal care depends if your particular plan is accepted through our provider, we can verify your benefits and let you know more. Think of your pregnancy & birthing experience like you would if you were planning your wedding…a life-changing event!
The portion of the fees you are financially responsible for will cover your birth and postpartum visits and with your verification of benefits, we will be able to see what they will cover for your prenatal care.
Our office manager is available for help.
Your insurance company may not pay for all of your birth center care, but we can help obtain the necessary information to verify coverage.